Anger is not always vented out. You may find that it comes out as different methods of suppressing and withholding.
Your responses to the following questions* will help you identify these patterns in your daily life.
- Do you become buried in work or projects?
- Do you eat too much or too little?
- Do you get absorbed in TV shows or movies?
- Do you play for long periods on the computer?
- Do you withdraw from others and sulk?
- Do you sleep more than necessary?
- Do you plan activities so you won’t have to be in the company of others?
- Do you exercise excessively?
*Excerpted from “Mindful Anger: A Pathway to Emotional Freedom” by Andrea Brandt